In these COVID-19 times, we understand that it is easy to lose yourself in the fear and frenzy of the pandemic. This fear makes you anxious and anxiety can lead to depression and other mental health issues.
Please try not to panic and focus on the positives: like, the recovery rate which is higher than the death rate. Also, indulge in some self-care techniques which have been tried and found effective. For those that work well with plans and schedules, you can create a self-care calendar.
This self-care calendar will include something that you will do daily to ensure that your mind and body are well taken care of. Below are some essential self-care tips that will help you to stay sane in these climes.
- Meditation and or Yoga: These will help to centre your mind and body and dispel any negative feelings. It also helps to relax one and it is almost like a sleeping pill for those with insomnia.
- Reducing how much time you spend on social media: There is so much information but facts and lies on the internet these days. Reducing how much you interact with said information can go a long way in keeping you away from anxiety.
- Checking in on friends and family: Many times, we forget to check on some friends and family members as a result of our busy schedules. Now is the time to check up on everyone and know how they are faring.
- Learning something new every day: Online courses, blogs, essays and theses are a great source of educating yourself. Now is the time to acquire a new skill. Come out of quarantine as a guru in a field that you are interested in.
- Maintaining a good sleep routine: Knowing how easy it is to mess up your sleep pattern in these times, the discipline has to be applied in this area. Try to maintain a healthy sleep routine and ensure to get enough rest.
- Regular exercise: Working out for 30 minutes in the mornings or evenings offer a wide range of benefits to the body and mind. In these times, with enough time in our hands, we can be more fit than ever!
- Healthy eating: We recognise that in the absence of activity, it is easy to get carried away and overindulge in food. Please do your best to ensure that you don’t over eat or binge on junk as it does no good for the body. Try to eat as many fruits and vegetables as possible as boosts the immune system.